Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011

In my district there are 11 guys including myself. Duffy, Kolb, and Healy (Trish's friends from Ecuador) are all in my district. The schedule is getting more routine and easier. I have learned a lot this past week and a half about what it is to be a missionary and also a lot about myself. It is not easy to be around the same person for 24 hours a day but Elder Clingman and I are finally starting how to figure out how to make things work. We get fake investigators who we teach all the way through, in only Portuguese of course, but its starting come though. I find myself speaking more and more each day and its absolutely amazing. I have also found this experience to be humbling and that I have had to turn myself over to the Lord, because I know I can not do this on my own. This has been very evident in my lessons, when there is just a voice that takes over and gives you words that you may have only seen once. At first this work was so difficult and it still is but I am working as hard as I can everyday and I am starting to truely find comfort in this work. Thank you family for all the support you have given me through the years, and I am just now realizing all you have done for me. Whats going on at home? Hows tay tay and kess doing? Is it true AJ finally rode his bike up hill? Hows the marathon going? Hows mals XC? Oh and if there is any chance you could send down my other pair of compression shorts and my black hawaii shorts that would be great, maybe one more t shirt cause we have gym everyday. Well Love you all and thank you for your prayers.

Love, Elder Ryan McCord

No comments:

Post a Comment