Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

First week in Brazil! I am in San Bernardo and its great to be here, different for sure though. Lunch is the main meal of the day and breakfast and dinner are nearly non existent so you just have to cram yourself. We also do a lot of walking, at least 6 miles a day so thats a big change. Its been great though, the language is still really tough b/c people speak so fast, I dont know all the words, and have different accents. Its been fun though. My comp is Elder Meacham, who I kinda remember from our family reunion (2nd cousin) and he helps me out alot b/c basically I can only say things and when they respond I am in trouble haha. Besides that though, the ward is good. There are a lot of young families here and a lot of little kids. The people seem to be pretty open to the gospel. They are friendly too once you start talking with them, they seem to open up. A good first week though, oh and I went through my first favela, its pretty nice though, so no worries mom. Thanks for all the emails and prayers, it definantly helps when you feel like the only person down here who cant speak the language. Here is the address to send things too if you want.
Av. Dr. Luis da Rocha Miranda 159, 8th Andar Pq. Jabaquara - São Paulo -SP 04344-010
Long I know but oh well. Well not much else to report, we are just trying to find some people to teach. Cause we dont have a ton of progressing investigators. Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment