Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 3, 2011

In Paducah, Kentucky! It is pretty much like Brazil haha not even close but from what I have seen I love it. Currently in Eastern Kentucky and am with 2 zone leaders as my companions. Its been great and I am learning a lot from them and from the member. Taught my first lesson or should say listened to it, we gave a lesson to a family members friend at their home at the 2nd counselors home. I didnt really say much but it was great I almost started to take notes. Oh and pretty much everyone here has a church which I guess is a good thing and everyone seems to know the bible well, aka the Bible belt. Definantly got some reading to do. Havent had a real day of missionary work with general conference and then my p-day today but its been great so far. I try to catch up on my Portuguese in my downtime, not that we have a lot but just when we are waiting for something or are driving. We have a huge area, we drove to a house last night that was 21 miles from the church building and that wasnt even the farthest member, definantly not like utah where if you go 21 block you are in a different stake. I have really enjoyed it here, the other missionaries are definantly trying to help me adjust as I figure out the routine. We dont have a ton of investigators but I feel like we are making progress.

So I got to mention this, we are allowed to listen to mo-tab and a nashville tribute, the nashville tribute is great. I guess only in the Nashville mission can you listen to country music and call it church music, its got church type lyrics mixed with country...so pretty much like mo-tab....haha. But I really enjoy it out here, I still cant wait to get down to Brazil but am enjoying it here. It really helps how nice everyone is here, I cant get over it. I also learned a lot about how to trap beavers and bow hunting for deer, so I cant say it hasnt been educational being out here! Got to love hearing about trapping beavers while having bbq right before conference. Its fantastic. OHHHH I can also email family and friends, so mallory if you could put that on FB and send me some email addresses of my friends and other members of the fam that would be great! Oh and our mission does Facebook, where we talk to investigators online, I dont get it yet but we will see how it works. I also set up a mormon.org account, I dont feel productive when I do it so I might just study portuguese but we will see. But ya can't beat Paducah! Oh and conference was fantastic, I think I learned more than I ever have and we are lucky enough to have Elder D. Todd Christofferson come on the 15th, you will have to tell Grandma Mary Ann that, I remember her saying they were good friends. I love this work.

Love you all and thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment